1-2 months before
- Research moving companies, get estimates, talk to them, and hire someone you can trust!
- Start packing infrequently used items like seasonal clothing.
- Donate or sell items you want to get rid of.
1 month before
- Continue packing – Label! Label! Label! Use colors, numbers, signs or whatever system works!
- Create a plan on how you will pack and keep safe all financial and personal documentation during your move.
- Create a plan on how you will pack and keep other valuables and jewelry safe during your move.
- Consider renting plastic crates to avoid purchasing and using extra cardboard.
- Cut down on boxes by making all your suitcases, laundry bins and baskets work for you!
- Wrap your breakables in clothing to save on bubble wrap
- Use small boxes for heavy items
1-2 weeks before
- Confirm the arrangements with your moving company, make sure they have correct addresses, gate codes, and phone numbers.
- Check for any moving restrictions at your old and new home, some communities require notice of move, elevator reservations and have specific time slots when moving is allowed.
- Arrange help for your pets and/or small children on the moving day.
- Make a list of services you need to cancel, disconnect or transfer to your new home.
- Change your address
A few days before
- Put together a bag of essentials for every family member (toiletries, clothing, medicine).
- Take pictures of your electronics before disconnecting
- Set aside cleaning supplies for your moving day
- Put together a small cooler of snacks and refreshments for everyone that helps you on the day you move.
The day you move
- You have done all the planning and preparing, Enjoy your move! We hope this is a start to a great new chapter in your life!
Teleport Moving is a local moving company in Altamonte Springs Florida that guarantees that your move is going to be comfortable and without stress. Contact us today so that we can help you with your moving needs.
IM - 2738