1-2 months before
- Research moving companies, get estimates, talk to them, and hire someone you can trust!
- Start packing infrequently used items like seasonal clothing.
- Donate or sell items you want to get rid of.
1 month before
- Continue packing – Label! Label! Label! Use colors, numbers, signs or whatever system works!
- Create a plan on how you will pack and keep safe all financial and personal documentation during your move.
- Create a plan on how you will pack and keep other valuables and jewelry safe during your move.
- Consider renting plastic crates to avoid purchasing and using extra cardboard.
- Cut down on boxes by making all your suitcases, laundry bins and baskets work for you!
- Wrap your breakables in clothing to save on bubble wrap
- Use small boxes for heavy items
1-2 weeks before
- Confirm the arrangements with your moving company, make sure they have correct addresses, gate codes, and phone numbers.
- Check for any moving restrictions at your old and new home, some communities require notice of move, elevator reservations and have specific time slots when moving is allowed.
- Arrange help for your pets and/or small children on the moving day.
- Make a list of services you need to cancel, disconnect or transfer to your new home.
- Change your address
A few days before
- Put together a bag of essentials for every family member (toiletries, clothing, medicine).
- Take pictures of your electronics before disconnecting
- Set aside cleaning supplies for your moving day
- Put together a small cooler of snacks and refreshments for everyone that helps you on the the day you move.
The day you move
- You have done all the planning and preparing, Enjoy your move! We hope this is a start to a great new chapter in your life!
Teleport Moving is a local moving company that guarantees that your move is going to be comfortable and without stress. Contact us today so we can help you with your moving needs.
IM - 2738